Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bseyedes

I have received T215 for my PSPA, where do I need to declare it?

5 Replies

The pension adjustment amount should be shown on your T4A (box 30) or on your T4 (box 74 or 75).

Here's information that I found from the CRA on Form T215:

• Exempt PSPAs- An exempt PSPA usually occurs when all or almost all plan members receive past service benefit upgrades. In most cases, when an employer provides past service benefits and there is an exempt PSPA that is more than zero, the plan administrator has to report the PSPA to us and to the plan member. For exempt PSPAs, the plan administrator has to complete a T215 slip, Past Service Pension Adjustment (PSPA) Exempt from Certification. Do not attach the T215 slip to your return.

An exempt PSPA will not reduce your RRSP deduction limit until the year following the year of the past service event. For details on how to calculate your RRSP deduction limit, see "Calculating your 2014 RRSP deduction limit".

Steve66

do I enter the info on a T215 into box 30 of the T4a if so need to know (taxable or non taxable) dose not say on the T215 or is this only used if you use rrsp's

@Steve66,

When you receive a T215 - Past Service Pension Adjustment (PSPA) Exempt from Certification slip, there is nothing you need to do or enter on your tax return. The purpose of this T-slip is to *reduce* the RRSP contribution room being earned, as the amount of your future pension is being increased. Even if you do not purchase RRSPs, this information is sent to CRA by the Pension Plan administrator and will affect your future RRSP Contribution Room.

The CRA has the following information for the employee who receives a T215:

Information for the employee

• The PSPA amount in box 2 will decrease your RRSP and PRPP deduction limit for the year following the year shown in box 1. Example: If the year shown in box 1 is 2019, the amount in box 2 will decrease your RRSP and PRPP deduction limit for 2020.
  • Do not send a copy of this slip to us. We will adjust your RRSP and PRPP deduction limit based on the original T215 slip submitted by your registered pension plan administrator. 

So it is non taxable allocation? There 2 lines in box 30 on T4A.

It looks like non taxable, because it only decrease your RRSP limit in the following year,It actually doesn't do anything on your RRSP Contribution.