Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxt16

I just filed for the first time this year I did my '22 report first and then went to do my '23 but cant make a CRA account which I need to get my NOA. how long do i wait?

The reason I need the NOA is for the netfile access code to use for my 2023 report.
3 Replies

I just filed for the first time this year I did my '22 report first and then went to do my '23 but cant make a CRA account which I need to get my NOA. how long do i wait?

The CRA will usually send you a notice of assessment, as well as any refund, within 2 weeks if you file online or 8 weeks if you file a paper return.

maxt16

So they send the return with the NOA as a cheque?

If you had a refund coming, you will receive a check in a separate envelope and a Notice of Assessment in a different envelope. You do not need the Netfile Access code to Netfile although you do need to wait and make sure that your first return is in fact assessed before you can be eligible to Netfile a return and be eligible to create a MyAccount with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You can verify this by contacting the CRA by calling them at 1-800-959-8281. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.