Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris55
Returning Member

I had my auto/business deductions in the wrong place (employment) When I put them in the correct place my return dropped and any changes in the bus sect.s have no effect.

Have I done something incorrectly or are there a maximum amount of deductions I can use.

Thanks for your help.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had my auto/business deductions in the wrong place (employment) When I put them in the correct place my return dropped and any changes in the bus sect.s have no effect.

Rather than trying to correct, it might be better to start a new return and complete the self-employment income and expenses correctly.  One thing to consider is that the CPP is added to self-employment where it is not added to employment expense.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Rather than trying to correct, it might be better to start a new return and complete the self-employment income and expenses correctly.  One thing to consider is that the CPP is added to self-employment where it is not added to employment expense.