Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stored data

After reading that this other Turbo Tax user suffered exactly the same problem as I, makes me very suspicious that what is happening with Turbo Tax deleted files is being caused by the Turbo Tax app upon downloading and implementing. I would appreciate if you could escalate this issue within your teams to determine if there is a link. 

stored data

By the way, the information you can get from CRA is not the information that is moved from one year’s return to the next year’s return. You do not get depreciation status on equipment and/or vehicle  depreciation status for example. 

stored data

We appreciate your feedback, and we have sent your information to our investigation team as requested. We will reach out to you as soon as we have a response back.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

ArcticGnR

stored data

I am having the exact problem as identified in this thread. I have just purchased TT23 and have discovered that my 2021 and 2022 files and program cannot be found. Running an undelete is not working. (And no, I haven’t deleted the files myself or changed computers). Do you have a solution to this problem noted in January?

stored data

Are you also using TurboTax Desktop on a Windows computer?

ArcticGnR

stored data

Yes. I am using Windows 11.

stored data

Even if you are using our Download software, please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your account and restart your computer.

You may also read this information: Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

ArcticGnR

stored data

Yes. I have tried those things as well. Rebooting. Clearing the cache and cookies. Tried undelete. I have TurboTax from 2011 to 2020, but no 2021 or 2022. Does TurboTax have a solution? An explanation? Or are these suggestions simply random ideas?  At what point do I start looking at other tax filing software? And how do I get my money back?

stored data

Hi. I’m almost embarrassed to report the resolution. First let me say the TurboTax people were fantastic. Brenda got a team of people on the phone with me to find the problem. As it turned out, Microsoft had automatically downloaded and installed a new operating system on my laptop which invoked one drive in the cloud. This automatically uploaded a bunch of stuff to the cloud in the background and I had no idea this had happened. Everything I was missing was there including stuff I didn’t yet know I was missing. I only use the laptop for TurboTax and a couple of other apps that don’t run on the iMac or iPad so, in my defence, I’m not up the date as much in the windows environment. So kudos to TurboTax. I hope this solves your problem too. Please get back to let us know. 

stored data

@cushjg Thank you for the update. It's greatly appreciated.

@ArcticGnR As seen in @cushjg's post above, the files may have been moved by an update in the system. In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not found, please ask for an escalation and investigation

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.