Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was the Carbon Action Incentive applied when I didn't have it checked off in my taxes? My husband was going to claim it.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why was the Carbon Action Incentive applied when I didn't have it checked off in my taxes? My husband was going to claim it.

TurboTax will automatically claim the CAI for you when you enter your province. If you want to undo the claim, you could uncheck the “Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of [province]” in your “Provincial Tax Credit Profile”.

Please follow the instructions here and choose “uncheck” instead of "check" the “Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of [province]”.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax will automatically claim the CAI for you when you enter your province. If you want to undo the claim, you could uncheck the “Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of [province]” in your “Provincial Tax Credit Profile”.

Please follow the instructions here and choose “uncheck” instead of "check" the “Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of [province]”.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.