Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if i don not have information on my spouse's income when filing as seperated for tax year2020?

3 Replies

What to do if i don not have information on my spouse's income when filing as seperated for tax year2020?

If you separated or divorced in 2020, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will still require your ex-spouse’s/ ex-partner’s information. The info is needed for a number of reasons, like eligibility for certain credits or deductions, handling property you still own together, etc…

You can enter an estimate for now, and then put in the actual number before you file.

I just called CRA and they said, you don't need your spouse income, if filing as separated, but Turbo tax doesn't allow me to netfile without spouse income, even if separated, and this end up changing my refund from 3,500 to 300 

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.