Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbuchi

After School Care provides a pick up service for an additional fee. The ECE is supervising the bus pick up, is this fee counted as part of the child care deductions?

It's not public transportation. It's shown as a separate 'transportation' fee on the receipt. The Early Childhood Educator is on the bus when picking up my child from the school and taking him to the after school centre - so he's under her supervision during the trip. My child is 6, so he cannot take public transportation alone. Can I count the transportation as part of my child care expenses as I cannot take time off of work to drop him off at the centre after school.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After School Care provides a pick up service for an additional fee. The ECE is supervising the bus pick up, is this fee counted as part of the child care deductions?

Transportation fees are specifically excluded from eligible childcare expenses by CRA. Do not include this fee as a childcare expense.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Transportation fees are specifically excluded from eligible childcare expenses by CRA. Do not include this fee as a childcare expense.