Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poil_666

Amount shown by the optimized donation is higher than I donated

In "Deductions", I entered $600 in donations. 

And then on the next page (optimization), it tells me I have $1282.50 I can use. 

I tried entering different amounts in donations, and I keep getting this extra $682.50 every time.

1- It could be an unused donation from a previous year, but I doubt it. How can I confirm it is really an unused donation? Nothing in there says where that amount suddenly came from...

2- If there was no unused donation, what should I do with that? How do I tell the software people there is glitch?

Thanks

3 Replies

Can you answer a couple questions so we can try to determine what is causing this, please? Did you transfer/carryover your TurboTax information from last year? And have you confirmed you have no amounts entered in Box 46 of you or your spouse's (if applicable) T4?
poil_666

Hello, thanks for looking into my problem. Yes, I imported my personal information from the Turbo Tax site. And the amounts on my two T4s, at box 46 are both $0. No spouse. Thoughts?

If you are still experiencing this problem, I'd like to direct you towards our Customer Support team as we've been unable to recreate the same issue. We apologize for the delay in assisting you with this.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013