Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbrisson

Can I get some help on the disability tax credit?

I use the easy step. Filled the information. For the disability tax credit, at first I said my husband was disabled but the next day, I changed the answer to no he is not disabled because we are still awaiting a response from the government but the forms are still coming out as if the answer to the question was yes and not no but when I verify the answer it is no, so I don't understand why the forms come out that way, is there a step that I might have missed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In addition to changing the answer in the Setting Up section of the return, you must also remove the Disability Amount itself in the Deductions section.

Use the Find button in the upper right to search/select the option for Disability Amount. Change the answer to the question Do you have a severe mental or physical impairment in 2017? to No. This will remove the disability amount claim. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

In addition to changing the answer in the Setting Up section of the return, you must also remove the Disability Amount itself in the Deductions section.

Use the Find button in the upper right to search/select the option for Disability Amount. Change the answer to the question Do you have a severe mental or physical impairment in 2017? to No. This will remove the disability amount claim. 

rbrisson

Thank you so very much, worked like a charm