Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdjon

Cannot proceed with filing as it state medical receipts problem, upgrade required to complete. I have no medical deductions

2 Replies
jdjon

Cannot proceed with filing as it state medical receipts problem, upgrade required to complete. I have no medical deductions

Hello, 

The warnings that I received were for missing medical receipts and it would not let me proceed until I upgraded. I have no medicals claims and have no medical receipts or medical conditions. Also, due to this issue, I was required to upgrade my subscription. I only require a simple basic free tax form. 

Thanks 

Having an entry in box 85 of your T4-Employee-paid premiums for private health services plans, this would activate the medical warning and upgrade. 

TurboTax is taking extra steps to ensure that Canadians have access to the features that will help them get the best tax outcome by broadening its product lineup and directing users to the version of TurboTax that aligns with their tax situation. We’ve expanded our lineup and tailored each version of TurboTax to address the complexity of various levels of filers. When you file with TurboTax, you will be directed to the version that best suits your needs based on complexity, to ensure you are getting the best possible tax outcome for the best value.

For more information please see our TurboTax FAQ Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade a TurboTax product once it has been upgraded.  If you are using TurboTax Online, you’ll need to start a new return to change your product. To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.