Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i qualify to do my taxes here or not?

1 Reply

Do i qualify to do my taxes here or not?

Thank you for your question!

From students, self-employed, salaried employees, investors, small business owners, and everyone in between, yes seniors too. TurboTax Free Online we’ve always you covered. There is no income limit or restrictions for age or income type. Our free software has all the forms and schedules you need to get your taxes done right.

5 Reasons to File with TurboTax Free:

1. Free means Free!
  • The most appealing reason to file with free is that it costs you nothing!
  • There are no hidden costs, surprise fees or donation requests.
  • With TurboTax Free, means free!
  1. Convenience
  • You can file your return from the comfort of your own home, whether it be on your laptop, desktop, iPad, Mac or mobile device.
  • It requires no credit cardsno appointments, and no tax office wait times.
  • Just start your return when you want, and finish it quickly.
  • You can start your return and if you don’t want to complete it in one sitting you can always sign back in later and finish it up.
  1. Quick & Easy

We make it easy to fill out your return by taking you through the process step-by-step and double checking for entry errors before you file. We make it easy to claim your credits and deductions with just the click of a few buttons. From medical expenses to caregiver credits, we’ve always got you covered.

1. Imports your Information for you

With our free product, you can import all of your important tax information for this year straight from the Canada Revenue Agency using CRA’s Auto-fill My Return (AFR). We do the work for you, so you don’t have to spend the time manually entering it. For COVID related information, you will find everything you need to know here.

1. Maximum Refund Guarantee

We guarantee we will get you the maximum refund you’re entitled to. By maximizing your credits and deductions with complete accuracy and precision, you will get every penny you should. If you NETFILE your return, the average processing time is 10 business daysPaper filers can tack on another four to six weeks to that time. COVID has slowed the mailing process across Canada, so it may take longer.

You Must File an Income Tax Return, if:

Making Money in Canada

Your Canadian residency status doesn’t affect whether or not you have to file a Canadian income tax return, however, it does affect how you file your taxes, what income you need to report, and the availability of certain credits or deductions.  If you meet any of the CRA’s criteria listed above, for example, you have to file a tax return regardless of your residency status.

If you live in another country but receive income from a business you own in Canada, or from investments you have in Canada or if you have property in Canada, then you will need to file an income tax return.

Thank you, for further information please contact us by phone or via private message on Twitter or Facebook.