Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CityCrow91
Returning Member

DTC Transfer from dependant 18+

Something is off. The dependant who is 18+ who qualifies for the DTC transfers their amount to the Father who is also the higher income earner. For some reason when doing the taxes for the Father and Mother, it gave the DTC transfer to the Mother.

The mother self qualifies for her own DTC which is transfered to the Father. I did this manually last year for 2021  By entering the amount in Line 31800 for the Dependant who is 18+ and Line 32600 for the Spouse.

Also, I notice the turbotax software claimed the Wife of the Father for the spouse version of the caregiver credit and then claimed the Daugher of the parents' caregiver credit to the Wife. This confuses me? Yet the area "information about your dependant" "inform dependants net income from box 23600 subtracted from base amount 25,195 is not negative but a value is not given. So 25,195.00 - $14,875.40.

Lines 76 for the ontario  tax are also empty. The Father is the higher income earner, but 75 is empty on both returns.

1 Reply

DTC Transfer from dependant 18+

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.