Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badawik

How are donations entered for Quebec?

It is really late now and I have already submitted my tax return; however, I noticed the Quebec donations were doubled. I went through the submitted return and the only place I found where I could enter the amounts was under Deductions -> Donations. The amount there is correct, and so is the amount on my federal tax return. Did I miss another screen? It really is frustrating since I have to do an amendment now. But I just need to know for next time I guess.

In general, I had tons of issues with the provincial side. It is extremely linked with the federal return even though Quebec has a lot of small nuances that could make a difference depending on your situation. 

1 Reply

How are donations entered for Quebec?

If you have only entered it on the Federal side then just wait till you receive your Notice of Assessment to see what it says. It might all be good. Or there could be something on the Quebec side missing which you would find out once your receive your NOA they could have fixed it. - If you do see that there was an error only then would you amend your return.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647992