Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wbawab

How can I add Basic Personal Amount (Federal Non-Refundable Taxes) for non-residents form T1? TurboTax form not showing any deduction

Line 30000 in T1 tax return for non-residents
3 Replies

How can I add Basic Personal Amount (Federal Non-Refundable Taxes) for non-residents form T1? TurboTax form not showing any deduction

Your basic personal amount is automatically calculated by TurboTax. You can find Line 30000 of your tax return either by looking at the PDF of your return or by looking at the Detailed Tax Summary. Please see this TurboTax FAQ: How can I see a detailed summary of my return in the online edition of TurboTax?

If your net income at line 23600 of your return is $155,625 or less, $14,398 is entered on line 30000. If your net income is $221,708 or more, $12,719. is entered. Otherwise, complete the calculation using the Federal Worksheet to determine how much is to be claimed on line 30000.

Please visit on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), for more information: Line 30000 – Basic personal amount

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

wbawab

Thank you @there_hey for your input. However, the amount calculated by TurboTax on line 30000 is zero and I am not able to modify or input the correct amount. Do you know where this can be modified to correct deduction?

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.