Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I input my daughter and son's net income for 2016 and non-refundable tax credits if I haven't completed their 2016 tax return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I input my daughter and son's net income for 2016 and non-refundable tax credits if I haven't completed their 2016 tax return?

Typically, it's advised to complete the [generally] simpler returns for your dependants before you complete yours, so you have the amounts you need.

If you can't, estimate their income and amounts to the best of your ability and be prepared that your return may be re-assessed by the CRA to adjust your return when they process your dependant's returns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Typically, it's advised to complete the [generally] simpler returns for your dependants before you complete yours, so you have the amounts you need.

If you can't, estimate their income and amounts to the best of your ability and be prepared that your return may be re-assessed by the CRA to adjust your return when they process your dependant's returns.