Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caesar3

How do I enter political donations

This is an ongoing problem. I had the same difficulty in previous years. The solutions offered in your questions menu just do not work. I wish to enter my contributions to a federal political party but turbotax does not offer an easy option to do so. Please, please fix this annoying glitch.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Click "Deductions"

Click "Payments Profile"

Click "Political Contributions"

Click "Continue."  If you have other deductions/credits also selected, you may need to click "Continue" more than once.

Once you reach the "Political Contributions" page, enter your federal and/or provincial contributions accordingly.

Click "Continue" to save the entry.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Click "Deductions"

Click "Payments Profile"

Click "Political Contributions"

Click "Continue."  If you have other deductions/credits also selected, you may need to click "Continue" more than once.

Once you reach the "Political Contributions" page, enter your federal and/or provincial contributions accordingly.

Click "Continue" to save the entry.

smg30t

That worked fine, certainly not a glitch and certainly not annoying.
mgrant08

Does anyone know why you can't enter political contributions on the free software? 

This year, political contributions are no longer on the free version as TurboTax is taking extra steps to ensure that Canadians have access to the features that will help them get the best tax outcome by broadening its product line up and directing users to the version of TurboTax that aligns with their tax situation. We’ve expanded our lineup and tailored each version of TurboTax to address the complexity of various levels of filers. This year, when you file with TurboTax, you will be directed to the version that best suits your needs based on complexity, to ensure you are getting the best possible tax outcome for the best value. 

As per our TurboTax FAQ, Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition? 

Note: Some deductions (such as medical expenses, donations, or moving expenses) only impact your refund or tax owing in certain conditions, like if your income is below a certain level. To get you the best outcome, you need to enter all your tax information into TurboTax, which sometimes requires an upgrade. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.