Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove my British Columbia renter's tax credit from my completed form...not filed yet.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I remove my British Columbia renter's tax credit from my completed form...not filed yet.

Finally got it...had to check the box for tax credit, then it would let me erase the address.   Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

The British Columbia renter's tax credit is not currently available in TurboTax Online.  When it is available, it will not automatically be added to your return, as you will have to enter your address and other info related to your rented home.

I seem to have used it and I want to remove it. Should I just erase that return and start again, if so, how do I do that? It is listed on my return as being there.

I did enter the address, etc. but find out I shouldn't have so need to remove it.

Select Provincial > Provincial Tax Credit Profile. Click Continue until you get to the page for the credit. Delete any address that is there, then click Continue to save your changes.

Doesn't work, just goes to page that lists all the credits and when I go farther just keeps the deduction filled in.

Finally got it...had to check the box for tax credit, then it would let me erase the address.   Thanks