Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you post a question when I don't know what 15 characters and 3 words means and it won't let me post?

how do i enter cca for class 13 leasehold imp over 10,9,8, and 3 years?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do you post a question when I don't know what 15 characters and 3 words means and it won't let me post?

Most leasehold improvements are depreciated as straight-line over a period of 5 years.  Your 10 year old, 9 year old and 8 year old improvements would have been fully depreciated long ago.  There is no purpose in entering them now.  The 3 year old item might best be handled by a T1 adjustment to apply it to the years to the relevant tax years.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Most leasehold improvements are depreciated as straight-line over a period of 5 years.  Your 10 year old, 9 year old and 8 year old improvements would have been fully depreciated long ago.  There is no purpose in entering them now.  The 3 year old item might best be handled by a T1 adjustment to apply it to the years to the relevant tax years.