Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rowleez

How to remove the work from home tax credit in the online version

Turbotax is giving me the employment expense deduction for working from home during Covid, when I am not entitled to it.  I am using the online version and I cannot seem to remove it.
5 Replies
Gaurav_G
Returning Member

Hello - 

In the "Employment Expenses" section in Turbotax Online product, you will see the following screen asking if you had any Employment expenses.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 11.22.26 AM.png

rowleez

Thank you, but I have not selected any options to be entitled to the credit.  Everything is set to No.  I cannot find a way to remove it from my allowed credits.

Hello @rowleez,

You might be able to find "t4 employment income" on the left side of the screen, under T-slips, and if you scroll down that page there is the question "Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4?", can you change that to "NO" ?

Cali Arantes
rowleez

Thank you for your response, I did find that, and had not originally selected an option.  I selected No, but the credit is still sitting there even with the change and re-saving it.

@rowleez If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.