Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a software problem. it is calculating seniors stay at home tax credit from medical receipts. i don't want the credit. how do i delete it?

the software is auto calculating seniors care at home credit from medical receipts.  i don't want the credit.  how do i delete it?
1 Reply

I have a software problem. it is calculating seniors stay at home tax credit from medical receipts. i don't want the credit. how do i delete it?

Please follow the steps in our TurboTax FAQ: How do I claim the Ontario Seniors' Home Safety Tax Credit? and verify every step and delete any mistaken entries through steps 4 to 6 and click on Continue whenever changes are made to save the change. Once done go back to the beginning so you can uncheck at step 3. Do not uncheck until you have verified that all other steps have no entries.Select Find from the menu and enter provincial tax credit in the search field

1. Select Provincial Tax Credit Profile from the search results, then select Go
  2. On the Your Provincial Profile screen, select the checkbox for Ontario Seniors' Home Safety Tax Credit, then select Continue
  3. On the Ontario Seniors' Home Safety Tax Credit screen, enter the details of each eligible expense
  4. On the same screen, enter any assistance received or expenses being claimed on another return, then select Continue
  5. On the Address of the property screen, indicate whether the expenses apply to the address on your return. If they don’t, fill out the applicable address
  6. Select Continue and proceed until the Here's your Ontario tax and credits summary screen. Your credit amount appears next to Ontario seniors' home safety tax credit

If the credit is still present, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.