Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the deductible I pay for the Trillium Drug Program in Ontario considered a medical expense that I can deduct for my taxes?

To be clear, this is not a private insurance plan and it's not the ODB for seniors. Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is the deductible I pay for the Trillium Drug Program in Ontario considered a medical expense that I can deduct for my taxes?

Yes. This out-of-pocket expense can be claimed as a medical expense.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes. This out-of-pocket expense can be claimed as a medical expense.

I just noticed however, that I deducted my prescription costs as a medical expense. Since what one pays to one's pharmacy via prescriptions is how the deductible is collected, then if I claimed 'a separate deductible,' I'd be claiming this amount twice. So I think if I've already claimed my prescriptions, then I've covered this.

You are correct - if you have already claimed these amounts as prescriptions, do not list the same expense.