Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a TOSI form T1206 shown up in the return, how do I get rid of it? the taxpayer is a senior and separated from his spouse, so there is no spouse to split income with.

6 Replies

If a TOSI form T1206 shown up in the return, how do I get rid of it? the taxpayer is a senior and separated from his spouse, so there is no spouse to split income with.

If you have answered "Yes" to the question about Tax On Split Income (TOSI) in the Info section of your TurboTax Online return in error, you can change this to "No", by returning to My Info > Get Started and proceed to the page that asks you "Taxpayer, did you, your spouse/partner, or dependent receive split income? (This does not apply to pension income splitting)." Change this answer to "No" and the Error should go away. Also check the spouse's return to see it is answered correctly as well.

The box is checked no. I can't look at the spouses return. it is about wanting to split retirement income, it says no. Yet the T1026 form shows up with amounts to go into sched 1.

incidently, this person is a SENIOR and only has retirement income. Now how do I cancel it please?

The TOSI should not be showing up at all, as it has nothing to do with Pension Splitting (splitting retirement income). You mentioned you cannot see the spouse's return, are you filing these returns together? If you cannot remove this form and the error message that comes with it, you should start a new return. It will be much easier than trying to remove a form or error that you cannot view or change. :relieved::relieved:
barbz

i also have this form showing up that is not needed. how do i get rid of it. i use the downloaded version not the online one but don't see the question where it asks about splith income. where is it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't get rid of it. Changing to "No" does not kill it. Starting a new return does not kill it. Only solution is to abandon completely and open an entirely new TurboTax account. This "bug" is a major one!