Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renjas
Returning Member

If I change the claim period for medical expenses (i.e. from Jan/Dec 2018 to Nov 2017/Oct 2018) I get different results with the same claim amount. This shouldn't be.

4 Replies
renjas
Returning Member

If I change the claim period for medical expenses (i.e. from Jan/Dec 2018 to Nov 2017/Oct 2018) I get different results with the same claim amount. This shouldn't be.

I have now realized that, unless le claim period is from Jan 1 to Dec 31, the Quebec prescription drug contribution is not added to the claimed amount.

Please make sure that all receipts are within the correct time period.

renjas
Returning Member

The Quebec prescription drug contribution is added to the claimed amount of medical expenses only when the claim period ends on Dec 31st of the tax year.
renjas
Returning Member

You can include the premium payable under the public plan in calculating the refundable tax credit for medical expenses (provided the period you use to determine the amount of medical expenses includes December 31 of the year for which the premium is payable)