Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I have already transferred the disability tax credit for a dependant, do I claim it under the "Disability Amount" screen?

I am eligible for the transferred amount since I have a completed T2201. Under the "Disability Amount" section (separate from the Dependant section) it is asking me if I qualify to claim it. I am unclear as to whether I should be selecting Yes or No here.
4 Replies

If I have already transferred the disability tax credit for a dependant, do I claim it under the "Disability Amount" screen?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I’m using Turbo Tax online version.

If you are on the page below, then no, you don't need to fill it out. This page is for you to claim the disability amount for yourself, not to receive a transfer from someone else.

Thank you, that helps.