Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I work from home but moved this year, do I have to enter two businesses for each residence with their own separate income? My balance went much higher after I did this

I worked from one residence January to October this year, and the second from November to December.  Same job, same business.
3 Replies

If I work from home but moved this year, do I have to enter two businesses for each residence with their own separate income? My balance went much higher after I did this

Did you move to a different province? If not, you can total all your business income and expenses and just include your last address.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks for the response. By the last place, you mean the one I used from January to October for most of the year? Also both places have different rent prices and square footage. Would using just one place not interfere with the calculations when I'm claiming my place of residence as a workspace?

If you are claiming usage of your home and to assure proper claiming of space you do have to claim two separate addresses as you will be asked if you moved during the year.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.