Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanmac9

It is asking me to upgrade for medical expenses? i am disabled, but have no expenses? i use this every year without this problem? how do i fix this glitch?

3 Replies

It is asking me to upgrade for medical expenses? i am disabled, but have no expenses? i use this every year without this problem? how do i fix this glitch?

Did you transfer your information in from last year? If so, you may have had unclaimed medical expenses that carried forward.

If you have a T4 slip, Box 85 – Employee-paid premiums for private health services plans on that slip is claimed as a medical expense.

If you need more help with this issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

shanmac9

Hi, I did not have unclaimed medical expenses, I did claim medical expenses ( prescription) last year , but I can only claim every 2 years. I unchecked the medical expenses box ?  

I did not have a box 85 either?   

I did manage to fo my taxes though. 

thanks Shannon 

shanmac9

Oh yes and I did transfer my informed from last year .