Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddawne

Line 3500 - Federal Tax Credit is not being deducted off the form automatically. This seems to be a software error. How do we apply do get this credit?

4 Replies

Line 3500 - Federal Tax Credit is not being deducted off the form automatically. This seems to be a software error. How do we apply do get this credit?

You may be referring to Line 35000 - Total Federal Non-Refundable Credits. This amount will be used to reduce any "tax payable" you may have and can be seen by looking at your Detailed Tax Summary in TurboTax.

Taxationis
Returning Member

I'm having the same problem! The non-refundable tax credits are not included in the "Less: Federal credits" area on the summary.  What gives?

Taxationis
Returning Member

Is it supposed to populate in the "Less: Federal Credits" area of the summary?  I'm not seeing it there. It seems to be a software error. 

I am also encountering the same issue. The Federal Non-Refundable Credits is not deducted from my owing Federal tax. As it stands, Net Federal Tax = Federal tax, as opposed to Net federal tax = Federal tax - Federal Non-Refundable Credits