Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpmadsen
Returning Member

Climate Action Incentive can't be removed from tax file

I am completing taxes for myself and my spouse using the online version. I complete them separately, not as spousal returns, so put the relevant information on each form. The software is automatically putting the entire Climate Action Incentive (individual plus spousal amount) on both returns. There does not seem to any way to get rid of this. I have unchecked the box on the Provincial Forms to indicate that it does not apply to me and it does not make a change. Seems others are having the same problem. Is there any solution from Turbotax?

4 Replies
jpmadsen
Returning Member

Finally figured it out myself. You need to check the box under the Provincial Tax Credits that says "NEW! Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of Alberta". If this is not checked, you will not have the option to say who is claiming the credit. On the next pages you will be able to select options to say who will claim the credit. I was making the mistake of un-checking this box thinking it would remove the credit. It needs to be selected to pick the options. Hope this helps others.

sjstillo

this did not work. i keep getting a warning and it will not go away. i can't submit my income tax till it does.

i am so fed up. i have spent 4 hours trying everything.

BBQ1

this did not work for me either .  I've had the same issue last year and this year!! I can get my taxes done for an awful lot less instead of going through all this inconvenience.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.a