Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbroza

How do I close/delete form PRINCIPAL RESIDENCE DESIGNATION WORKSHEET?

I don't need this form, it's completely empty. But every time I print my return, it's there. Even when I go to form view, find this form (which is completely empty) and click Close unused forms, it's still being printed.
Does it have anything to do with entering date which I left Canada?

4 Replies

TurboTax is aware of the issue of the Principal Residence Designation Worksheet printing a blank copy with your tax return. Your departure date from Canada should not have triggered it to print and you can disregard it and not attach to your tax return if it does not apply to you. 

In the Principal Residence Designation Worksheet - we sold our home this year but it appears twice on the worksheet and I can't manage to clear the 2nd appearance of the same property which is causing me an error I can't clear. Help!

Good evening,

It appears this has been an issue for some time...October 2019 and we are now May 2020 and issue has not been fixed by TurboTax.  I have no way of deleting the form PRDW (using TT Standard).

Please advise when this issue will be fixed?

@frankjm001

When our Live Community changed to a new format last fall, many questions and comments carried forward that had been resolved with the October 2019 date.

If you are experiencing this issue currently, please reach out to our Customer Support team. You can contact our Support Team by following the link below and in the field that says "Ask your question", type in "your question" and you will be directed to an agent that can assist you. TurboTax Customer Support