Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJWHITE

Saskatchewan Home Renovation Tax Credit SK(S12) - low income spouse?

Hello, 

Reading the NRTC information about this credit it can be shared spouses in any ratio, but can't exceed the maximum.  Turbo Tax seems to default to the lower-income spouse as it won't let me enter figures for the higher -income spouse.  Is this just an oversight in programming or is it possible I haven't completed something properly?  I'm thinking I will just need to override the fields on the SK(S12) to make this happen.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You

1 Reply

Saskatchewan Home Renovation Tax Credit SK(S12) - low income spouse?

Go into EasySteps, Provincial- Saskatchewan Tax Credits - Check off the box for Saskatchewan home renovation tax credit and continue. The following page answer the questions and continue- Once you are on the Saskatchewan Home Renovation Tax Credit page which asks you to enter dates on sales slips you will complete that information. You will then see the amount transferred below and it might say that "Name" is claiming this credit- However just above that it asks Amount of eligible expenses you wish to claim on " Name"  tax return- Here you can enter the amount you want to claim or split half and half. You can choose whatever is more beneficial to you, then continue.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.