Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NedeeNed

Where do you designate the name of the dependent who incurred the medical expense?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do you designate the name of the dependent who incurred the medical expense?

You might need to go back to the profile questions and check the question that asks about medical receipts for other dependents.  If you have not entered the names of your dependents, or answered the the question regarding dependents, you will need to correct that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You might need to go back to the profile questions and check the question that asks about medical receipts for other dependents.  If you have not entered the names of your dependents, or answered the the question regarding dependents, you will need to correct that.

Sorry, I use the desktop version, which has a number of different options, the name of the patient being one of them.  For the online version, I recommend using a spreadsheet to track the expenses for individuals.  Then you can input the different types of expenses in a total amount  for each, rather than by patient.

NedeeNed

Thank you for your reply..

Unfortunately that did not work for me. I have checked off that I have medical expenses for dependants and have entered them into the system but I still cannot choose the name of the dependent that 'incurred' the medical expense.

Is anyone else able to specify the name of a dependent for an expense? (If so then I know I have done something wrong in my setup).