Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finster

They system added $10k under line 31270 Home buyers as "Amount claimed by another individual" federal credit. I did not enter this anywhere - what is it??

4 Replies

They system added $10k under line 31270 Home buyers as "Amount claimed by another individual" federal credit. I did not enter this anywhere - what is it??

Line 31270 Home buyers amount (aka first-time Home buyers tax credit) is a credit for people who have bought their first home. Did you or your spouse apply for this credit? 

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Finster

No - I am doing my daughters Ttaxes - did not apply for anything. It doesn't seem to be making any difference to the bottom line I just don't understand why it shows up (on both daughter's taxes).  I checked no on all of the home stuff.  and this is what I got when the taxes were done. 

turbo tax screen print.png

Finster

Sorry - online version. 

As long as she's not claiming the credit, then that number shouldn't matter.