Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brenda6

Using TurboTax Premier online version 2016 can't enter Provincial Political Donation (Ontario) Political Donations Box is checked no Provincial box appears, just federal

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Using TurboTax Premier online version 2016 can't enter Provincial Political Donation (Ontario) Political Donations Box is checked no Provincial box appears, just federal

On the Political Donations screen, the second box is actually for provincial amounts. The label is currently missing but we're correcting the text in an upcoming release. The amount you enter in that spot will flow to the correct section of your return. I've confirmed that it's just a cosmetic issue.

You can verify your provincial political contribution entry on the screen titled "Ontario Tax and Credits Summary" found at the end of the provincial section of your return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

On the Political Donations screen, the second box is actually for provincial amounts. The label is currently missing but we're correcting the text in an upcoming release. The amount you enter in that spot will flow to the correct section of your return. I've confirmed that it's just a cosmetic issue.

You can verify your provincial political contribution entry on the screen titled "Ontario Tax and Credits Summary" found at the end of the provincial section of your return.

Has this problem been fixed? I have NO option, federal or provincial, to enter a donation