Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I entered my 1st child care receipt it increased my refund, however, as I enter additional childcare receipts my refund doesn't change. Is there a max for childcare?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I entered my 1st child care receipt it increased my refund, however, as I enter additional childcare receipts my refund doesn't change. Is there a max for childcare?

There is a maximum of $7,000 per child for childcare. You will only get a benefit, as it is one of the non-refundable credits, if you have paid taxes.  If your refund already consists of all of the tax you paid through the year, the childcare credit will not increase your refund.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

There is a maximum of $7,000 per child for childcare. You will only get a benefit, as it is one of the non-refundable credits, if you have paid taxes.  If your refund already consists of all of the tax you paid through the year, the childcare credit will not increase your refund.