Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ti23nki08

Where do I add our child's fitness activity receipts? I live in Ontario. How can I enter children's fitness amounts?

1 Reply

Where do I add our child's fitness activity receipts? I live in Ontario. How can I enter children's fitness amounts?

Children’s Fitness Tax Credit and Art Amount

Only Quebec, Manitoba, and Yukon still have the fitness tax credits and the children’s art amount. All other provinces have eliminated these credits.

• Yukon children’s fitness tax credit which allows you to claim $1000 fees paid for children under 16 offers also a supplement of an additional $500 for children with disabilities. Yukon offers a claim of $500 fees paid for the children’s art amount for children under 16 who are enrolled in an art program and a supplement for an additional $500 for children with disabilities.
  • Manitoba offers the same children’s art amount as Yukon but a different Manitoba fitness amount that covers $500 in fees paid for any family member.
  • Quebec residents can apply for a similar credit called Tax Credit for Children’s Activity. The credit allows you to apply for $500 in fees paid per child and another $500 per child who is suffering from infirmity or disability.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.