Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AglioOlio

Where in Turbotax is RRSP Deduction Limit amount shown for previous year?

In 2018, I not only submitted a 2018 return but also several returns from previous tax years for which I was owed, and received, refunds from CRA. 

I just started the 2019 return based on transferring the info from the 2018 return.  However, it occurs to me that by CRA assessing returns from 2016 and 2017, the RRSP deduction limit amounts for 2018 and 2019 might have changed from what would be shown in Turbotax.  Is there a way to manually input the  deduction limit shown on the 2018 NOA into the 2019 return in case they don't match?  I'm not sure which form or schedule this involves and which lines.  And I'd rather not go back to previous returns and make adjustments if possible.

2 Replies
AglioOlio

Sorry, I should have clarified that the 2018 return was done with Turbotax.  The 2016 and 2017 returns were submitted separately through a tax service so I don't have those returns to draw upon online.

Yes, there is a way to manually input the deduction limit, shown on your 2018 NOA, into the 2019 return. From the Easy Step mode in your 2019 return, you first go to the menu on the left to choose RRSPs then Get Started followed by Continue on the right side screen. You are now on the What's your RRSP/PRPP deduction limit? screen where you can enter your RRSP deduction limit. Please see the screenshot below.