Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the ontario staycation tax credit? I don't see it listed under the provincial tax credits.

35 Replies

Where is the ontario staycation tax credit? I don't see it listed under the provincial tax credits.

The Ontario Staycation Tax Credit only applies to leisure stays between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, so you can’t claim it until your 2022 tax return. You can find more information on the Ontario Ministry of Finance website: Ontario Staycation Tax Credit

Hello,

The stay-cation credit can be entered from form "worksheet ON479".

Best regards,

Eric K.

Thanks Eric.  A quick check doesn't reveal this worksheet as something that's available on TurboTax. When I check CRA's website, it only has a 2021 form avaialable with nothing that indicates Staycation Tax credit.  I assume I'm just too early for the CRA to catchup on the ontario forms and then the TurboTax developers to complete this.

have you seen a 2022 form with staycation as a line item?

Hi Peter,

The stay-cation tax credit will end up on Line 47900 of your T1 General form. I will attach some pictures for you to view that should help, but if you double click on line 47900 from the T1 General, it will bring you to form ON479. From there, you will scroll to the top of form ON479 where you will find the Ontario stay-cation tax credit area. Double click on the cell for line 63052. This will bring you to the worksheet where you can populate your calendar 2022 accommodation information (ON479 Worksheet).

Pro Tip: I found that I could not select "Family" or "Individual" for the stay-cation tax credit on form ON479. I had to drill down into line 63052 and populate the information there first. The software then takes care of the "Family" or "Individual" selection and assigns the limits.

In case you are wondering what expenses are eligible or not, you can refer to the Ontario.ca website below.

Stay-Cation (Eligibility Details - Expenses etc.) 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Eric K.

Staycation - T1 General Line.JPG
Staycation - ON479.JPGStaycation - ON479 Worksheet.JPG

Accidentally added a secondary reply - Please see commentary below for the solution.

Those look like awesome forms.  I wish I had access to those.  See screenshot for what I see in TurboTax below.  Plus, where did you get the 2022 form for ON 479.  I can't find that on the CRA website anywhere:

I just keep getting the 2021 version:  https://www.google.com/search?q=form+on479+2022 

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/general-incom... 

not that it would help me with turbotax entries...

2022-12-30 14_15_40-Clipboard.png

Those forms are all in Turbo Tax Standard 2022. I use the forms method for entering my taxes as opposed to answering the easy-step questions. You can switch between the methods by selecting "Forms" / "Easy Step" from the taskbar. (See Screenshot Below).

Turbo Tax 2022 - Forms Method.JPG

I still have the Family or Individual tick bx issue, even after filling in the details. Nothing is carrying forward to 63052. Both Box 1 and Box 2 for 63052 show 0, despite the expenses being entered?

Software bug?

Hi, does anyone already found where to put this credit through the turbotax online 2022?
Turbo tax put the announcement like this:

Updated tax changes for 2022

The refundable Staycation Tax Credit allows Ontarians to claim 20% of eligible accommodation expenses up to $1,000 for an individual or $2,000 for a family, for a max credit of $200 or $400, respectively.

But there is no where to put the amount?

Also I can't find where to enter the form "worksheet ON479" as mentioned here, on the turbotax online version.

Thanks for the insights!

Lisa