Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taxtax666

Why is there a random "Principal Residence Designation Worksheet" in my return?

Why do I have this extra worksheet at the end of my return?  I did not sell any residence in 2017 and did not answer Yes at all in my return.  How do I get rid of this worksheet, or if I file with it there will it result in some sort of error or flag?

4 Replies

We are aware of an issue with some people getting PRWS forms added to their returns and not being able to delete them. Our development team is looking into the problem, but they have not given a time frame on when it will be resolved.

Also as long as the form has been cleared (Select PRWS > Edit > Forms > Clear Current Form) you should not have issues with NETFILE. If you are mailing in your return the CRA will disregard the form if it’s not required.

If you are having issues with NETFILEing this return, please ensure that you have the latest update, which you can download here: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2868252

If you are still unable to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you (*Not available for TurboTax Free users*). https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

taxtax666

Hello. Software is up to date... Why can't I just delete the worksheet?  I plan to NETFILE, but haven't yet as I'm waiting for turbotax to fix this known issue... Keep in mind taxes are due by end of April.. a fix soon is greatly appreciated!
anitar2

So I'm preparing my 2023 return and the Principal Residence Designation Worksheet is appearing in the printout even though the form is not applicable and all the boxes are cleared.  How do I fix this?  Was this bug not solved in 2019 when first reported?

Thanks!

@anitar2 Also as long as the form has been cleared (Select PRWS > Edit > Forms > Clear Current Form) you should not have issues with NETFILE. If you are mailing in your return the CRA will disregard the form if it’s not required.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.