Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Address when filling income tax

I have lived whole year of 2019 in Canada and now I moved out of Canada in Feb. What address should I put when I file income tax return for 2019?

1 Reply

Address when filling income tax

The address you use is the address that the CRA will contact you at. So you should put in your current address. In TurboTax Online there is a question on the top of the Contact Info page that asks “Is your mailing address outside Canada?” – answer Yes to that question. The box names will stay the same, but it will allow you to put anything in them, and not give you errors.


FYI: You won’t be able to NETFILE with a non-Canadian address.