Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Audit Defence

I'm using TT Standard, Canadian CD version.  Audit Defence is not showing up at the end of the Review process.  (I have not filed my return yet). There is a post that says to use the "Find" button in the top right side of the software, type in "Audit Defence", and then choose who it is for, etc. But there is no Find button anywhere, except for in the Forms section.

How can I buy AD if the software doesn't give me the chance to? I tried the AD link in the Help area but that company doesn't deal with Canada any more.

5 Replies

Buying Audit Defence

We recommend contacting our telephone support team for further assistance in this situation, as they can view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for using TurboTax

Buying Audit Defence

Thanks for the prompt reply - only 7 months too late!

The 2021 software has the same issue.

Buying Audit Defence

If you don't see a Find button or the option to buy Audit Defence in TurboTax CD/Download, then you are using Basic, not Standard. These options are not available in TurboTax Basic CD/Download.

Buying Audit Defence

@TurboTaxSusan :

I am definitely using Turbotax Canadian Standard, SKU# 5100314. And I have used Audit Defence in the past (e.g., 2017)  . This is the 2nd year in a row that there was no option to purchase Audit Defence. For the 2020 tax year, I was told that Audit Defence (AD) stopped being offered on April 24 2021  because they had filled up the client room. Of course it is too late for 2021 taxes anyway. This year I did my son's taxes first, and was offered AD.  When I then did my spouse & my taxes, there was no prompt to buy AD. (I went through the Review process just now and was again  not offered it, although I was offered a line by line review for about C$55 - don't think I saw that when I did the review before filing.) So perhaps once again AD was available for a period of time, and then stopped being available. Or maybe it is not available if you file jointly. It would be nice to know.  And it would be nice to know how to purchase it for the 2022 tax year, assuming I am still using this product.

There is also no Find button. But I can search for AD in the Help – Search options screen.

Buying Audit Defence

Yes, it's likely that Audit Defence was temporarily removed as they also removed Assist & Review for a short time this year due to high volumes.

But the "Find" icon should be there. It may only look like a magnifying glass, but it is part of all TurboTax CD/Download products except for Basic.