Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing the self-employment tax filing on the vehicle expenses section, without putting the UCC amount the system doesn't allow to go to the next.how to solve this problem?

I'm doing self-employment tax filing for 2018. on the vehicle related expenses part, it ask the UCC amount to fill up. but this is my first time tax filing with my vehicle or vehicle with self-employment. so I don't have the UCC amount. but without filling up this UCC amount, it doesn't go to the next page. how to go to the next or how to solve this problem?

Thank you

1 Reply

Doing the self-employment tax filing on the vehicle expenses section, without putting the UCC amount the system doesn't allow to go to the next.how to solve this problem?

Make sure you have added the date you acquired the vehicle (or when you started using it for business), and the total cost before taxes of the car. If you owned this car before you started using it for business, you’ll have to figure out the Fair Market Value of the vehicle at the time you started using it for business.

If you are still having issues, please contact our phone support for further assistance. (*not available to TurboTax Free users*): https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013