Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IsraaM

Filing taxes for the first time and CRA couldn't accept my NETFILE tax return

I got the following messege when i filed my tax:  Your records with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) indicate that you are filing an income tax return for the first time. Please indicate in your software that you are filing an income tax return with the CRA for the first time, enter your first name and initial and your last name and retransmit your return.Your tax return has not been accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency. It contains errors that must be corrected. Please review the following error(s), make the necessary corrections, and try resubmitting your return. For forms or additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website and the Corrections page on the NETFILE website. For further assistance, please contact us.

There is no way i can go back and update and im sure i already specified i am filing for the first time. What is the issue? Am i supposed to mail because it is my first time and not NETFILE?

2 Replies

Unless the CRA has your information on file such as; your Social Insurance Number, date of birth, or address, or if you have not set up a MyCRA account with them you will not be able to Netfile; therefore you will have to print and mail it to them.

krdd19

This is my first time filling taxes, do i leave this site and create a CRA account ?