Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_od

Filing Taxes from Abroad

Hi, I recently moved from Canada (in feb 2023) after over 5 years and have PR status. I want to file my 2022 return but I seem to be having difficulty as my mailing address is no longer in Canada. Does anyone know the correct route for me to file or am I to use all 2022 details on my return as they were in Canada? Thank you!

1 Reply

Filing Taxes from Abroad

You will need to use your current address on your tax return. If you are using TurboTax Online, on the contact info page, you can select “Yes” when it asks if your address is outside of Canada. This will let you enter an address from outside of Canada. You will need to update your address with the CRA if you haven’t already done so.

As you are no longer in Canada, you will not be able to use NETFILE to file your return online. Instead, you’ll need to printout your return and mail or fax it to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

FYI: TurboTax Online only accepts Canadian or US credit cards as payment. The TurboTax mobile app allows you to pay via Google Pay or Apple Pay (depending on which version you use).