Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling out T1135

Using Online Premier to fill out Form T1135: My wife and I have less than CAD $100,000 (each person) US stocks at any time in Year 2023. When filling out T1135 item and after selecting the drop-down selection of "Less $100,000", I expected a blank form to come up for me to fill out the necessary information but no form would come up and the Online program continued to the next stage of the filing.

Is this normal that I don't need to fill out Form T1135 because of less than $100,000?

Or, I missed something that I indeed need to fill out Form T1135? Please help. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Filling out T1135

Yes, this is normal not to have a form T1135 appear as you have answered that you do not have over $100000 in foreign assets. As seen in our TurboTax article below, form T1135 is a tax form for Canadians who own foreign assets with a cost amount of more than $100,000.  

Form T1135: Your Guide to Reporting Foreign Assets

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Filling out T1135

Yes, this is normal not to have a form T1135 appear as you have answered that you do not have over $100000 in foreign assets. As seen in our TurboTax article below, form T1135 is a tax form for Canadians who own foreign assets with a cost amount of more than $100,000.  

Form T1135: Your Guide to Reporting Foreign Assets

Filling out T1135

ginette: Thank a lot for the quick response that is much appreciated!

Filling out T1135

You are welcome.