Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First year filing, filed 2023 and used NETILE. Said I needed a CRA account, which needs previous year's return gross.Anyway to change from NETFILE to paper so I can file?

My return is locked. I can print personal copy but they specifically say not to sent to the CRA. Or I can refile it.
Anybody know how I can change my method of filing or how to get past needing previous year's return for CRA account?
6 Replies

First year filing, filed 2023 and used NETILE. Said I needed a CRA account, which needs previous year's return gross.Anyway to change from NETFILE to paper so I can file?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Most first-time filers have to mail in their returns. After you get your Notice of Assessment, you'll be able to sign up for MY Account, and NETFILE next year.

This CRA website tells you how to sign up for My Account: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/cra-login-services/cra-user-password-hel...

Using Turbo Tax Online.

I understand that NETFILE won't work this year.

I need help though figuring out how to print my return so I can send it to the CRA. 

Turbo Tax already filed my return it says, but need a CRA account to send it. I can't seem to go back to change from NETFILE to paper, it just gives my the option to view or ReFile. Anyway to find a way to print my return so I can mail it?

You don't need a CRA My Account to use NETFILE.

Did you get a NETFILE confirmation number when you filed your return? Because if your only option is to RefIle, it may have been sent already.

Ok, I didn't know that, thank you.

I looked at my return and it gave me a 11 digit code. Thank-you for the help.

ryzm

I'd like to use NetLie

ryzm