Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see how my TurboTax return would look like if I had to submit the paper version in the mail?

1 Reply

How can I see how my TurboTax return would look like if I had to submit the paper version in the mail?

Use the Find tool in the top right to search for CRA Online Mail. Then select it from the list and click Go. Then continue through the pages until you get to the Filing your return(s) page. You’ll have to pay (or confirm your $0.00 order, if you are using free) before you can reach that page.

When you are there, click on the Print & Mail Your Return(s) button. You’ll have to run the review if you haven’t already done so, and it will bring you back to where you need to click the Print & Mail Your Return(s) button again.

On the Print & Mail Your Return(s) page, click on the Open a PDF of your federal return for printing under your name. This PDF will have the condensed barcoded version of your return that you would use if you wanted to file by mail. Most of the info is packed into the barcode, so it’s shorter than the full version.

Please note that you can’t print returns for 2019 yet, only for previous years. We haven’t gotten the forms finalized yet, so you can’t print your return, and NETFILE isn’t open for 2019 until February 24, 2020.