Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjstewart

How can i select Australia as a postal destination for my tax return, as it only has canada and america. how can i change this online to submit my form?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can i select Australia as a postal destination for my tax return, as it only has canada and america. how can i change this online to submit my form?

You will need to print out the CRA copy, change the mailing address by hand, and then mail it in.  Alternatively, if you have family in Canada, you can have the Notice of Assessment or letters sent to them, and they will mail it to you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You will need to print out the CRA copy, change the mailing address by hand, and then mail it in.  Alternatively, if you have family in Canada, you can have the Notice of Assessment or letters sent to them, and they will mail it to you.

You will need to phone support  1-888-829-8608 and explain the issue.  They handle foreign transactions a different way as they only accept Canadian or US credit cards.

Part of the reason for this is that if you have no Canadian income to report, and have no close family ties, such as spouse and children, and depending on how long you have been gone, you are not required to file taxes in Canada.  Canada taxes on residency, not citizenship.

Information for non-residents is here:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/ndvdls/nnrs-eng.html

I get to the Turbotax payment step, I qualify for free, and can not print out my CRA copy as the payment step only has address data for USA and Canada. I can not go any further, and it appears that my tax return has not been submitted to the CRA until this is complete.