Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I claim the Saskatchewan Graduate Retention bonus in the second year after refile

I am helping my daughter - she qualified for the retention bonus in 2020 but didn't claim it at that time. I helped her refile and a few days ago she has received a notice-of-reassessment for tax-year 2020. We would like to refile for 2021 to get caught up before filing her return for 2022.

Turbotax 2021 (download) asks us to: Enter your Saskatchewan graduate tuition tax credit amount from your 2020 notice of assessment or notice of reassessment. 

I cannot find any specific mention of the graduate tuition tax credit amount on the 2020 NO-reassessment she received.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can the information we need be found anywhere else? Should we contact CRA? Any other suggestions?

3 Replies

How do I claim the Saskatchewan Graduate Retention bonus in the second year after refile

If the amount is not on the NOA, you can call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and ask them.

If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency

Jimjamr

I am having the same problem. Any update from the CRA as to why there was no mention of Saskatchewan graduate tuition tax credit amount on the notice of assessment or notice of reassessment?

@Jimjamr @Scotty3435  

If the amount is not on the NOA, you can call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and ask them.

If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency