Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canoa9

How do I fix birthdate missing error-does not accept the fix no matter what I do?

5 Replies

How do I fix birthdate missing error-does not accept the fix no matter what I do?

Having this exact same issue. Got the error while reviewing, clicked 'fix,' but my spouses birthdate was not missing. Re-entered it, tried deleting it, pressing continue, then re-entering it. Nothing. I'm guessing I can just skip the error code but would like confirmation.

We are sorry you are having this problem. Please make sure you are only typing the birthdates by using numbers - no special characters or spaces. There should be 8 numbers and the format to use is DD/MM/YYYY. Ex: If your birthday is April 5, 1954, then you would type: 05041954

You may want to select and delete everything in each box before retyping, just in case there is a hidden space causing the problem.

If further help is needed with this situation, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for your patience. 

Logged in this morning and had no issues. Must have been a bug in the system

We are so happy to see all is well. Feel free to contact us if any further help is needed.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

adams777
Returning Member

In TurboTax desktop go to the forms mode and fill out the birthday field then to save click on another cell then netfile.