Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roberto5736
Returning Member

I am running TurboTax Standard ver. 00.01.71. I am did Save PDF For Mailing, and the saved PDF file has the Do Not Send By Mail watermark. This only for one return.

I did 2 returns, for CRA and MRQ.  This error only occurred for my wife's CRA return. My CRA and MRQ saved files, and the MRQ of my wife are ok.
There must be a bug (error) with TurboTax ver 00.01.71.
15 Replies

I am running TurboTax Standard ver. 00.01.71. I am did Save PDF For Mailing, and the saved PDF file has the Do Not Send By Mail watermark. This only for one return.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Here are two options for printing you may wish to review:

a) one is to print and mail to the CRA which will provide you with a PDF with no watermarks, or 

b) you can skip the print & mail and click continue which will give you the option to print for your own records (with watermarks) before you Netfile. 

After payment has been processed, in the side menu, select FILE, and then select Print & Mail your return to access the PDF without watermarks. 

On the screen select the link to open a PDF copy of your return, which will download to your computer automatically, open the PDF and click on Print, this will be the copy you would send to the CRA without the watermark on it. Hit Done. You will then be directed to download a copy with watermarks for your own records.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

roberto5736
Returning Member

Hi Ginette, 

The watermark (Do Not send By Mail) also shows on the Print To Mail printed file, and even if I select Print-to-PDF on my printer settings.

Roberto

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If there is no satisfactory resolution, please ask for an escalation to investigate the issue.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

roberto5736
Returning Member

Hi,

I did everything you suggested this morning. Support Team connected remotely. They couldn’t resolve the issue. The person escalated the issue and the feedback also did not resolved the issue .

It’s time to escalate to Technical Support and test at your end, and fix the bug. 

regards

Roberto

Can you please confirm which tax year you are trying to file? Also, if you are using TurboTax Online or TurboTax Download version?

roberto5736
Returning Member

Hi,

For the Taxation year 2023 (Canada). Purchased online. It is the download version. Last update this morning. Ver. 00.01.71.

Roberto

Have you tried to close your return and reopen and try again?  

Please make sure that you click on I want to print and mail my return then continue and click on "Print and Mail this return"

roberto5736
Returning Member

I have Shut down and restarted the PC.

I have close and reopened TurboTax 2023.

I do not want to Print and Send by Mail.

My return and my wife's returns for Fed (CRA) and Prov (MRQ) are already all 4 submitted by Netfile and acknowledged.

I want to save a clean PDF without the watermark for my files.

I go to :

i) Print/File on the top Menu Bar

ii) Then I select the blue box "Save PDF of RETURN to Mail"

It works for me Fed return and Prov return. It saved two files without the Watermark.

It works for my wife Prov return. It saved this file without the watermark.

It does not work for the Fed (CRA) file. The PDF has the watermark.  It happens only for this return.

I can show you exactly the problem if you schedule a remote session to see my screen.

Roberto

Unfortunately, you can't get a PDF downloaded to save with no watermarks on it. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.